If you are accustomed to hosting guests or just like to have a few parties every once in a while, you may be looking for your own home brewing system to serve some of your favorite ales or IPA’s cold and fresh from the keg. That being said, you don’t want to break your bank to get one. It will be hard to find a better value than the EdgeStar KC2000 Kegerator.
The EdgeStar Kegerator is a full size beer cooler that specializes in cooling kegs. It is especially efficient in quality compact compliances. EdgeStar is well known for manufacturing quality, reliable products, and the KC 2000 is no exception with its many features to make serving your beer of choice as painless and efficient as possible.
The KC 2000 has a “designed-to-fit” style with NSF approved beer lines, facets, handles, tower and hoses. The wheels at the bottom of the KC 2000 allow for quick and easy transport. It also comes with a drip tray to avoid messes. The two removable shelves are easy to install and allow you to convert your Kegerator into auto defrost when you do not have a keg occupying the machine. The pressure gauge for the CO2 tank is easy to read as well.
The EdgeStar KC2000 Kegerator is a reliable unit, but the purchase of this product also comes with a 90-day labor warranty and a 1-year warranty for parts. If this is your first time purchasing a kegerator, this machine is reliable and great for beginners. As long as you make sure the gas and beer are connected, the KC 2000 is easily operated and always ready to serve your favorite draft to friends and family.
- The EdgeStar KC2000 Kegerator supports some of the lowest temperatures available from a kegerator in today’s market. As the company claims to have the lowest temperature kegerator on the market, the cooler supports temperatures in the low 30s, just above freezing
- The best kegerator can fit the majority of kegs, including quarter and half-sized
- The unit features an adjustable thermostat that allows you set the temperature to your liking
- This unit features a five-foot beer line.
- The most obvious drawback for the EdgeStar KC2000 kegerator is the appearance, as it is simply designed and lacks a modern look that many prefer when purchasing this sort of furniture for their home
- Although most of the time the noise is about the same of your regular refrigerator, it can be louder if forced to maintain a colder-than-normal temperature in a warmer environment
- This cooler does not support use of Coors, Miller rubberized and other oversized kegs.
The EdgeStar KC2000 Kegerator is a highly functional machine and is a great start for those looking for an easy to use kegerator. It serves beer as cold and as fresh as your favorite local sports bar, and it comes at an affordable price.
This kegerator would make the perfect gift for any friend or loved one who enjoys hosting a party, trying a new brew in bulk or has a few roommates who just love to drink!
- Holds standard quarter and half kegs
- Comes with a five pound carbon dioxide cylinder
- Has a black on black finish
- Comes with a chrome safety rail
- Has casters that make it more mobile
- Comes with a drip tray to help avoid additional mess
- Can be converted into an auto defrost refrigerator
- Comes with two removable wire coated shelves and easy installation guide
- CO2 tank also comes with a pressure gauge that is very easy to read
- CO2 tank will require fewer refills because it is stored externally
- Stores up to a full-sized half shell Sankey standard keg
- Reversible door
- Tower and serving components all made in America
- Protective floor plate for added durability
- Does not support use of Coors, Miller rubberized or other oversized kegs.
You have some limited options regarding your ultimate craft brew once it is finished. The majority will either bottle it up or use a growler. However, if you want to showcase a good impression with your brewing skills, a kegerator is the best way to show it.
There is a variety of affordable kegerators found in the market today, nonetheless, these affordable kegerators are not as widely known and as bestseller as the KC2000SS EdgeStar kegerator.
Let us take a closer look at this KC2000SS EdgeStar kegerator and we will see if it is worth the hype.
EdgeStar KC2000 Kegerator
- EdgeStar KC2000SS is available in either the standard all black or as a black cabinet with a stainless steel door. The stainless steel door feature adds class and edge to its physical appearance as signified by the “SS” on its model name.
- This unit provides options, one or two, in terms of the number of taps. Your choice will probably depend on the number of guests you are expecting on any given occasion. It caters all half-barrel-sized kegs, same as any smaller kegs found in the market.
- Most of the parts of the KC2000SS like the hoses, handles, faucets, and other hardware are made in the USA. This feature is a major draw for some people while others will go with the high-quality casters that allow smooth movement even when it is fully loaded. Also, it will serve a guardrail preventing the glasses from accidentally sliding off the floor.
- EdgeStar kegerators, in general, are easy to set up. This is a plus factor for busy homebrewers. The easy installation is a big consideration in purchasing kegerators.
- The EdgeStarKC2000SS is one of the most affordable kegerators found in the market today.
- The unit comes with a protective guardrail to prevent accidents.
- A reversible door feature to accommodate your space.
- A limited 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- EdgeStarKC2000SS kegerator parts are manufactured in the USA.
- Beverages On Tap: The purchase comes with a refrigerator and all necessary kegerator hardware and components
- Temperature Range for the beverages cool from the low 30’s to the mid 40’s
- Stainless steel door feature. This sturdy door looks great and will hold up over the life of the kegerator.
- Large capacity, it can store up to a half shell Sankey standard keg.
- Easy Mobility: It includes casters make this unit easy to relocate.
- It is notable that this unit will not support the use of Coors or Miller rubberized kegs or other oversized kegs
- Manufacturer Warranty of 1 year for parts and 90 days for labor.
- Depth: 25-11/16″
- Height: 35-1/16″
- Installation Type: Free Standing
- Leveling Legs: Yes
- Reversible Door: Yes
- Width: 20-3/16″
- With Casters: Yes
- One Stainless Steel Column Draft Tower
- One Domestic “D” System Sankey Coupler
- One 5 ft. length of 3/16 in. I.D. NSF Approved Beer Line
- One 5 lb. Aluminum CO2 tank (Empty)
- One Spanner Faucet Wrench
- One Chrome Plated Brass Faucet
- One Single Gauge Regulator
- One 5 ft. length of 5/16 in. I.D. Vinyl Air Line
- One Drip Tray
- One Black Tap Handle
Any Shortcomings from EdgeStarKC2000SS?
- Finding any serious faults with this kegerator is challenging. Like in any other kegerator reviews, we’re going to dig down and nit-pick a bit in the interest of being thorough.
- The compatibility of EdgeStarKC2000SS to every keg in the market is very low. It rejects Coors, Miller and even oversized or rubberized kegs. Homebrew kegs need one or more fittings in order to function. These problems can easily be solved as the manual provides the size of fittings you may need.
- Beyond everything mentioned, the only thing that needs much attention is the problem with the desired temperature that you want. Sometimes, you need to fiddle a bit with the dial for you to obtain your desired temperature. But this issue is probably not a big deal because it happens with quite a few kegerator brands. Others are costing you more compared to EdgeStar.
- May need to purchase an extra fitting for your homebrew keg.
EdgeStar KC2000 Review: Is It Worth the Price?
Definitely, it is a YES!
The EdgeStarKC2000SS is indeed worth shelling out your hard earned money. This kegerator offers an outstanding value that will offer years of reliable service. You will not need to take out a second mortgage to pick one up. The EdgeStarKC2000SS is considerately engineered, well-constructed, attractive, effective, and dependable.
All the major components are made in the US and it features a simple and straightforward installation process. Whenever you need to add some fittings, it is very much easy to purchase and install. This kegerator comes with an externally mounted, brewer-preferred aluminum CO2 cylinder.
The EdgeStarKC2000SS kegerator is the perfect way to deliver the suds to your thirsty buds. Whether you want to serve your homebrew over the holidays or just load up a commercially available brew for the big game because you are between batches, we highly recommend the KC2000SS EdgeStar Kegerator