Kegco K309SS-2 Review
Our point of view: This is your best choice… If you have the money to pay for it. It provides options (two taps), real low temp control, and a smooth design. Issues with it are rare and one eventual issue might be a CO2 hose leakage. You just have to buy another hose then, or call the manufacturer. In general terms, this is a clean device that will pour tasty fresh beer properly.
This model comes with a full tapping equipment, so every piece required for its setup is included. It is quite spacious in the inside, that’s to say you can really load any full-sized or oversized keg. While many dispensers can’t hold rubberized kegs, the Kegco K309SS-2 has enough room for them. It can also hold two ¼ slim kegs if you lift one keg and connect it with a short coupler. To hold two different types of beer at a time is awesome, and we are used to see this in commercial kegerators only. Apart from being spacious, the Kegco K309SS-2 has a powerful cooling system.
It takes the temp to the low 32°F, and is fitted with an internal fan that keeps the temp of the entire machine evenly low. It also features an exclusive mode called “Deep Chill” that chills down your warm beer quickly by forcing the compressor of the fridge. All these advanced cooling features are easy to operate with a digital interactive panel. The bottom of the machine is covered with a stainless-steel mat. Its job is to distribute the weight of the load while it provides a smooth surface to slide the kegs in and out easily and causing less damage. It also has casters to move the kegerator about, but they’re not that strong actually, so be careful when dragging the machine to the center of the party.
The exterior of the Kegco K309SS-2 is simply amazing, with a glossy stainless-steel casing that looks neat and contemporary. It has a dual faucet beer column that adds versatility, and a drip tray that can be removed for cleaning. This layout is finished with a well thought out chrome guard rail. Without diminishing the merits of this model, every kegerator has one or two inevitable drawbacks, and this one, apart from the CO2 hose leak that seems to be a rare issue among customers, collects several complaints about misfunctioning taps and unprecise temperature display. Some users say that taps tend to stick, or that they get tough to pull. Some users decided to change the taps for Perlick taps whose quality is much better. Regarding the temp reading, while the kegerator very seldom presents difficulties when it comes to chilling down, the real temp display can be quite distorted. A good decision some users made is the addition of a draft tower cooler. This eliminates the issue of the faucet pouring too much foam.
The said drawbacks can be called minor and can be solved effortlessly. The advantages of space, control, and look overdo by far these negatives. Our verdict is that the Kegco K309SS-2 is the best choice for people who can pay for a slightly pricier machine, but not a commercial kegerator.
Kegco K309SS-2 Digital Kegerator – Dual Faucet – D System
This might be the most handsome kegerator we have on our list today. The Kegco K309SS-2 is an upmarket and expensive kegerator meant to meet the strict standards of a draft brew connoisseur.
Dimensions are 23.7” by 23.7” by 33”. Just a standard size for a kegerator in this price range. It has a spacious interior that can fit any full-sized keg, and also two Cornelius which are so preferred by brew crafters. It can also hold Miller and Coors kegs, rejected by many other models.
It is digitally controlled, so it is really easy to set the proper temp. And the Deep Chill feature allows you to chill down warm kegs quickly. Keep in mind that the right temp for each brew is not indicated. It is your pleasant job to find this out.
It is a freestanding fridge, and all needed parts for its setup come included. There is no gas in the CO2 tank, anyway. You have to find out where to fill it. The setup process is very simple, but if you have any issue, you can contact the Kegco service for instructions.
Finally, you can load more than one type of brew in this kegerator at a time thanks to the spacious interior of the appliance and the double tap.
- Smooth design
- Works really well
- Deep chill function for a quick chill
Not so nice things
- It doesn’t indicate the perfect temp for your beer
- Taps tend to stick
Kegco HBK309S-2NK Review
Dual Tap Home Kegerator Black Stainless-Steel Door
With a smooth black casing and a stainless-steel door, the Kegco HBK309S-2NK provides digital operability and a wide temp range that can match some of the most expensive kegerators in the market. Your must-have features from the popular Kegco kegerators are also present in this model. A good-looking design, a drip tray that can be removed for washing, a chrome guardrail to keep mugs from falling off, and wheels for an easier transport from a party to another. Also, apart from a broad temp range that allows you to set the temperature of your beer more accurately, you can clearly read the temperature displayed on the screen and adjust it at ease.
- Can hold three craft brew kegs
- Matte black casing and SS door
- Digital temp control that allows you to set the temperature between 32 and 75 degrees
- Max environment temperature: 100°F
- Min environment temperature: As low as you want it. The kegerator won’t warm up the kegs, so if the environment is colder than the internal temperature of the machine, this will match the temp of the environment.
- You can set it high in order to create a fermentation tank
- Deep Chill mode to chill down warm beer fast
- Comes with roller wheels for transport
- Removable drip tray to catch drops and overflows. You can take it out and wash it.
- Chrome guardrail to keep glasses from falling off of the top
- Stainless-steel bottom mat distributes weight and provides a smooth surface kegs can slide on.
- Highly efficient system makes you save on your electricity bills.
- You can plug it in a common jack.
- Includes a draft tower with two faucets and two taps, and a 5-feet long 3/16-inch internal diameter beer line.
- Spacious interior can contain three Cornelius kegs. Can be used as fermentation tank as well as a normal fridge.
- Comes with two shelves to turn the unit into a fridge, for a backup cooled storage.
- Fan cooling system and digital temperature control and reading give you one of the broadest temp ranges available.
- Includes locking wheels, chrome guardrail, and a drip tray that can be removed and washed in a dishwasher.