If you are in need of a specialty refrigerator designed to store and dispense a keg for a few months, the Versonel VSL155TDSS Kegerator is a great value for money on the market. This item will not only store the beer but also maintain the necessary temperature.
- 1 Features
- 2 Pros
- 3 Cons
- 4 Verdict
- 5 Specification
- 6 Things to Consider Before Purchasing a Kegerator
- 7 Most Important Features of a Kegerator
- 8 Getting the Most out of Your Kegerator
- 9 Top-Rated Kegerators to Consider Investing In
- 10 1. Nostalgia KRS2100 5.1 Cubic-Foot Full Size Kegerator and Draft Beer Keg Dispenser
- 11 2. EdgeStar Full Size Kegerator
- 12 3. Keggermeister KM2800BK Kegerator (Full-Size Single-Tap Beer Keg Refrigerator and Beer Keg Dispenser)
- 13 4. Kegco Digital Beer Keg Cooler Refrigerator
- 14 5. Versonel VSL155TDSS Freestanding Full-Keg Kegerator
- 15 6. Versonel Freestanding Full Size Kegerator (Keg Fridge Beer Dispenser Stainless Steel SPP155BDSS)
This model comes with all of the necessary parts for your average kegerator. It features an all-black tap tower and a chrome tap front next to a two-piece stainless steel drip tray. The product also displays temperature with a digital LCD view.
If keeping your beer chilled to the perfect and precise temperature is important to you, the Versonel VSL155TDSS Kegerator is the product for you. The temperature can range between 34 degrees Fahrenheit and 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Internally, the product comes with two internal wire shelves. This stylish kegerator would make an excellent addition to your bar or living room area. It can also be used as a regular refrigerator!
Owning this kegerator would make things easier for anyone hoping to serve their favorite beers as well as any local bar. The assembly is very simple, but if the product has issues, the fridge comes with a 90-day labor warranty and a one year part warranty. That always comes in handy when you’re looking to purchase this sort of machine.
- Front Panel – Rapid View LCD Digital Temperature Screen
- This unit features a sleek dark color with stainless door
- Can be used as a regular refrigerator
- This product can handle all kinds of keg sizes, save for your oversized Miller and Coors kegs
- CO2 tank stores easily within the refrigerator and allows the unit to placed where the owner desires
- Features four detachable Caster Tires with locks for easy and simple transport
- The product instructions that are easy to read and understand.
- Have to buy a 5lb CO2 tank if desired
- Customer support for this product is less than ideal
- Compared to other products, the design is not up to par.
This product is as compatible as it is functional. The portability and convenience of this kegerator would make it an excellent addition to a home or venue. Allowing you to store and dispense your favorite brews, the Versonel is one of the best kegerators that is sure to please even the harshest kegerator critics. Buying beer in a keg is always cheaper than buying by the bottle, so owning one of these machines is essential to the beer enthusiast.
This Versonel VSL155TDSS Kegerator allows you to either brew your own beer or purchase kegs from your local distributor for your enjoyment. It would make the perfect gift for any friend or loved one who enjoys hosting a party, trying a new brew in bulk or has a few roommates who just love to drink! This is especially the case if you are on a budget and know someone who loves to host parties with full-size kegs.C
- It has a black finish along with a stainless-steel door
- Rolling casters are available for easy mobility
- Chrome guard rail to house tap and drip tray-unit
- It also has an enhanced Digital LCD quick display for front temperature view to keep your draft-beer at optimal temperature every time
- Temperature Range – From 34 degrees to mid 40’s
- It can also be converted easily to a standard 6cf bar-fridge
- Compatible Keg Types are – 1/4 Barrel, 5 Gallon, 5 Gallon D System and 1/2 Barrel Full-Size
- Overall: 47.25” H x 25.25” W x 21.25” D
- Depth with Door Open at 90 Degrees: 25.25”
- Cord Length: 60 ”
- Overall Product Weight: 88 lb.
The kegerators are back into popularity today due to the revival of craft beer and homemade brews. Craft beer is best enjoyed on draft and homemade brews can be fully tested and savored through kegerators.
With the availability of a keg fridge, you can enjoy freshly poured and cold drafts any time you want at home. Preferably better than load a fridge up with heavy glass bottles. It is also a more economical option to keep a kegerator at home.
As kegerators become more popular, there are a few things that beer aficionados should keep in mind. We aim to strike clarity throughout the phenomenon of kegerators and offer a guide for new and seasoned users alike.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing a Kegerator
- Type of Kegerator
There are generally three types of kegerators to consider in the market: the mini, free-standing, and the built-in. it is important to identify which model best suited your needs before looking for your own kegerator.
A mini kegerator, though can only hold 5mL of beer at a time, comes from extreme portability and storage capabilities. A built-in kegerator, on the other hand, demands an extensive installation process, as its unique design allows for it to be installed into countertops.
Among the three, the trendiest model is free-standing, which basically looks like a small keg refrigerator. The installation is very easy and much more affordable than built-in versions.
- Size & Space
As expected, a kegerator should be as large as a standard keg. Some will be slightly larger for easy installation and removal of each keg. The height will increase if the kegerator has a draught tower on the top, so make sure to keep that into consideration.
A common one-keg system will only need three to four square feet of your space. Make sure that you have sufficient room to comfortably keep and use the kegerator whether you place it on your kitchen, a spare room, basement, or garage.
Having a kegerator comes with a certain amount of maintenance and responsibility just like owning any other appliances at home.
Kegerators are needed to be cleaned regularly as some beer lines determine the quality and taste of the brew. Experts suggest cleaning the beer lines at least once every two weeks.
Consistent cleaning and maintenance are two of the most important factors of keeping a high performing kegerator, and it should be put into consideration before making the purchase.
- Keg Type
Upon purchasing a kegerator, you have to understand that different kegs will need different attachment hardware, such as couplers, to connect and flow appropriately.
There is nothing to worry because most kegs are compatible with 95% of all domestic and craft beer kegs. Nevertheless, there may be chances where you will still need a different coupler as you enjoy a new brew. Awareness in keg types and couplers can help prepare you for any adjustments or extra hardware purchases later on.
Most Important Features of a Kegerator
The following features will provide guidance on what important things to look for when purchasing a kegerator.
- The CO² Tank
You will need a dependable and effective CO2 tank if you want a flat, stale beer. It carbonates the beer and provides pressurization,
Unless you want a flat, stale beer, you’ll need a reliable and effective CO² tank. This is what carbonates the beer and provides pressurization, letting for fresh and efficient pouring.
It is important that the CO² tank is easily refilled and installed. This can influence the positioning of the kegerator itself depending upon the model. You don’t want the kegerator to accidentally block the CO² tank with a shelf or other fixtures at home.
- Temperature Control
Brewing and storing of beer is an art. In order to get the best taste, foam ratio, and long-lasting freshness of beers, it should be kept at certain temperatures. It is a simple science and most experts recommend keeping a kegerator between 36°-40° Fahrenheit.
You will need a thermometer for your kegerator unless you are an expert at estimating temperature. Some best kegerators in the market come with beer thermometers to regulate the temperature of the beer inside the keg.
- Keg Capacity
This depends on whether you want more than one option at a time. Standard kegerators come with ample capacity for one keg at a time, while others offer a room for two or three.
The keg capacity will have an impact on size and space not only on your range of options and convenience. An extra keg will need an additional area space and multiple taps. You may want to look for kegerators with large or smaller keg capacities depending on your needs.
Getting the Most out of Your Kegerator
Now that you are familiar with the type of kegerator and with the knowledge and understanding of the important features and functions of a kegerator, now is the time to consider about how to get the most out of your kegerator.
Making the most of your purchase does not only involve hosting more football parties or entertaining more often. That may be true, but first, let’s focus on the basics on how to maintain kegerator performance.
- Ensure Proper Ventilation
A small amount of space between the back of the unit and the wall is needed for freestanding kegerators. This space gives proper ventilation, which helps in proper temperature control and beer flow.
You’ll need to spend in a kegerator that has built-in ventilation in the front of the unit if you want it to sit directly against the wall.
- Keep a Manual Handy
All kegerator sold in the market comes with an operational manual. This can be included in the package of available for download online.
You have to keep this manual useful and accessible so that you will be familiar and resolve any problems that may hold back the performance of your kegerator.
- Clean Your Kegerator Regularly
As mentioned earlier, a clean kegerator has an absolute effect on the quality and taste of the beer. This affects the beer lines and to any component that comes into contact with the keg and its contents.
Top-Rated Kegerators to Consider Investing In
It is time to take a closer look at the top-rated free-standing kegerators in the market today. These six kegerators are among in the top list in terms of performance, quality, and ease of use, making them the best option for a home unit.
Let us take an in-depth look at the advantages and disadvantages of each kegerator, and emphasize the features that make each unit stand out among others.
Beer fanatics of all taste and skill levels will find themselves well-equipped to pinpoint the best kegerator for their need by barely looking at the top-rated models on the market.
1. Nostalgia KRS2100 5.1 Cubic-Foot Full Size Kegerator and Draft Beer Keg Dispenser
This unit from Nostalgia is impeccably suited for delivering a dependable fresh flow of beer from home. The unit itself features a 5.1 cu. ft., capacity, spring loaded tap, and an American Sankey “D” double tap system. This system ensures widespread keg compatibility.
The mobility is high because of the four rolling casters found in the unit. The unit’s sleek, black design is stylish enough for indoor or outdoor use.
- Lockable rolling casters for easy movement & strong placement
- Appropriate for indoor or outdoor use
- Includes a 13-inch beer tower for easy discharge
- Lockable output valve for CO² tank to guarantee steady CO² levels
- At the weight of 96 pounds, installation or moving may be challenging
- Can accommodate one keg at a time
- The tower must be installed by hand
- Thermostat is adjustable
- CO² and temperature settings are easy to control and monitor
- The unit fits 1/6, 1/4, or 1/2 keg barrel
- Comes with a stainless steel removable drip tray
2. EdgeStar Full Size Kegerator
EdgeStar Full Size Kegerator is the perfect choice for those who like their beer frosty. This unit claims the coldest temperatures possible. Aside from the rolling casters for easy mobility, this unit also features a reversible door providing easier installation and placement.
The existence of a chrome safety rail located at the top helps keep beer mugs in place, avoiding slips and spills. The metal floor plate offers enhanced protection and durability, making it a long-term and dependable kegerator.
- Two-piece drip tray for easy cleanup
- Domestic “D” system Sankey coupler for maximum compatibility
- Holds one 5-pound aluminum CO² tank
- The streamlined design is 4 inches less wide than competing models
- Does not fit Coors, Miller, rubberized, or oversized kegs
- Only suitable for indoor use
- Some report trouble fitting 1/2 keg inside the keg refrigerator
- Can fit two sixth barrels or Cornelius homebrew kegs
- External tank mount for additional space inside the refrigerator
- Larger CO² tank means less hassle & time spent refilling
- Easy assembly and transportation from one room to another
3. Keggermeister KM2800BK Kegerator (Full-Size Single-Tap Beer Keg Refrigerator and Beer Keg Dispenser)
Whether you found beer or homemade brews a serious hobby or a casual appreciation, the Keggermeister Full-Size Singe-Tap model is one of the best models available on the market. This kegerator can keep kegs chilled and beer can stay fresh for as long as 3 months, making it a great choice for those who prefer to take their time.
Its chic, all-black design allows it to fit perfectly into any room of the house without interrupting décor. With completely adjustable temperature control, users can guarantee that the quality and taste of their beer is fully sheltered by the Keggermeister.
- The unit fits one full-size keg, one pony keg, or two 5-gallon kegs
- It has an adaptable temperature control to ensure taste & quality
- Passed for commercial & home use
- Clear, brief manual & directions
- Smaller CO² tank at 2.5mL
- Operational noises may be worrisome
- Extra-strong top features a chrome guardrail
- Easy temperature adjustments & monitoring
- High, stainless steel pouring tower to provide different drinkware
- 80-pound weight makes easy mobility
4. Kegco Digital Beer Keg Cooler Refrigerator
The double-tap Kegco Kegerator is the best choice for those who ask for versatility from their kegerator. This unit is larger than most of its beer-dispensing counterparts. The vast interior is built to hold a variety of different kegs, counting those that other kegerators leave out, like Coors, Miler, and rubber kegs.
With the feature of a fan-forced cooling and a digital thermostat display, temperature settings can be equally dispersed and controlled. This Kegco kegerator is built with competence and durability in mind, as a stainless-steel bottom safeguards that kegs are easily installed and removed on a stable surface.
- Comes with a 5-pound aluminum CO² tank
- Appealing black & stainless steel styling
- Extended interior to hold Miller, Coors, or rubber kegs
- Chrome guardrail to keep drinks safe
- At 97 pounds, mobility may be difficult
- Most reviews report replacing and upgrading the included taps
- CO² valve splitter is not built-in for dual keg use
- An extensive temperature range between 32°-75° Fahrenheit allows for cooled storage or fermentation for home brewing
- Large interior & two tap handles for one full-size keg, two 5-gallon kegs, or three 5-gallon Cornelius homebrew kegs
- Digital thermostat
- Fan-forced cooling to stimulate even temperature control
5. Versonel VSL155TDSS Freestanding Full-Keg Kegerator
If you are looking for an efficient and versatile kegerator in storing beer, the Versonel Full Keg Kegerator is the best recommendation. With its large feature to fit a ful-sized keg, it also comes with two internal wire shelves to convert into a refrigerator when unused.
This updated version features an LCD front temperature display to easily monitor temperature changes. This kegerator is an attractive addition to any household as it is made of stainless steel, chrome, and black casing. Versonel kegerators are seamless not only for household use but also for commercial use in bars and restaurants.
- Four removable caster wheels for faster mobility
- Comes with a chrome guard rail around tap & drip tray
- Stylish & modern design
- Quiet and effective operation
- Some reviews report incorrect thermostat readings
- At 88 pounds, transportation may be challenging
- 6.0 cubic feet size allows ample room for 1/2 barrel, 1/4 barrel, or 5-gallon keg
- LCD panel on front offers a quick & easy temperature readings
- Unit can be placed flush to wall without worrying about ventilation
- Exceptionally high customer service ratings
6. Versonel Freestanding Full Size Kegerator (Keg Fridge Beer Dispenser Stainless Steel SPP155BDSS)
This kegerator offers the same quality and performance of Versonel with a slightly lower price tag, the Versonel SPP155BDSS model is a good choice. Like the previously reviewed model, this unit comes with a wide range of compatible keg types, making for a convenient beer dispensing system.
With wire shelving included, this model can also easily convert into a bar fridge when not in use just like the previous Versonel kegerator. With the chrome tap front features snap-back springs, they allow easy removal and installation. The Smart Plus collection from Versonel showcase temperature adjustments between 34°-45°, providing any household to have flavorful, high-quality draft beer.
- Similar value at a lower price tag
- Huge enough to hold 1/2, 1/4, or 5-gallon barrels
- Lockable casters allow for transportation
- A quiet compressor operation
- Temperature control is non-digital
- CO² PSI is automatically set between 25-35, making instant adjustment necessary
- Setup instructions is hard to follow
- Thermostat reaching below 30°
- Extremely effective customer service
- Selection of compatible keg sizes
- Can be placed flush to wall if needed
Undeniably, having a kegerator at home is a perfect way to enhance the beer drinking experience. Homebrews and craft brews taste better with a kegerator, also, purchasing by the keg often saves money over the long run.
For those who are beer aficionados, a kegerator is a needed addition to the home.
With a thorough understanding the various components of kegerators, what to look for, and what features come with the top-rated models, beer fanatics across the board will be well-provided to finding the perfect kegerator for them.